Passport Regulations

Department Of Homeland Security Border Crossing Rules

On June 1, 2009, the U.S. government implemented the full requirements of the land and sea phase of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI). The proposed rules require most U.S. citizens entering the United States at sea or land ports of entry to have a passport, passport card, or other travel document approved by the Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Passport Card – This is a new, limited-use travel document that fits in your wallet and costs less than a U.S. Passport. It is only valid for travel by land and sea in North America. Arrival/departure by plane between countries in North America requires a passport. 

All tours require a passport unless they begin and end in the United States.

Your passport must be valid for 6 months from the end date of the tour.

For information on how to obtain a U.S. passport, visit the U.S. State Department’s passport web site at

Looking for Help

Looking for help?

Contact Tauck

For questions about your account, reservations or any other customer service matters send an email to Tauck.

Travel Forums

Have a general question about your trip, a destination, or what to pack? See what fellow Tauck travelers are saying in our Travel Forums.

Call 800-788-7885 to speak to a Tauck Reservation Sales Counselor.

  • Freephone:
  • From UK: 0800-961-834
  • From Australia: 1300-122-048
  • From South Africa: 0800-990-476
  • Other Countries: USA (203) 899-6500

  • Monday - Friday: 6am – 8pm EST
  • Saturday: 9am – 5pm EST
  • Sunday: 12 Noon – 5pm EST
*Denoted required field
Thank you for contacting Tauck.

Someone from Tauck will get in touch with you shortly.

Mobile Site Powered by Moovweb